Bib Number: 1266
Distance: 4.4 miles
Total Time: 40:35
Place: 1172 (out of 2269)
Place Female Only: 497 (out of 1204)
Place Female Age Group 40-44: 40 (out of 109)
Thoughts on the race:
I’m pretty happy I made under 10:00 pace, and that was done without exhausting myself. I’m also feeling good about being top 50 percentile in Female Age Group and All Female.
- I should be able to run at 9:30 pace next time
- I want to be top 50% overall
Bib Number: 4205
Total Time: 2:21:39.08
Place: 1739 (out of 2824)
Place Female Only: 1201 (out of 2128)
Place Female Age Group 40-44: 207 (out of 317)
Thoughts on the race:
I can’t believe I actually run ALL THE WAY. I’ve NEVER EVER run this far before EVER. So just for that, I’m feeling good.
Weatherwise….foggy and cold, really cold. I wish I had my gloves with me. My hands were numb during the entire race. I had a cotton long sleeve shirt, a t-shirt, then a windbreaker on top of those. with a cropped sweatpants. Never got warm enough to wanting to take a layer off….actually I wanted to put one more layer.
I’d love to finish less than 2:10:00 next time. If I can take off the 10 lbs I gained this year, I think that’s doable. I wasn’t out of breath or completely exhausted at the end of the race. I think I paced myself a bit too slow (because I wasn’t sure if I can cover the distance).
Not sure if I want to sign up for this particular race next year:
- Pretty far from my house. I have to place my pups in the kennel overnight. I also have to secure a hotel room for a night for myself unless I’m willing to wake up and leave at 3am in the morning…which I’m not.
- Required shuttle ride from Corning to the start line is a nerve wrecking. Waiting to get on the bus at the pickup point was more than 30 minutes. Finding a parking lot to get to the pickup point was also difficult. You are constantly worried if you get to the start line on time. We barely made it even though we were at the shuttle pickup point well before the cut off time. Trying to use the bathroom before the race wasn’t smooth either.
- Finding a hotel room for next year is already almost impossible at this point…seriously.