1:44:23 for 2.5K run + 14 miles bike + 5K run
We didn’t have a tracker on this event, so pretty much the total time is the only data I got. No each segment data or transition time. Also due to the weather the bike route got changed (distance changed).
#4 of 7 (right in the middle) for my age group (female only)
#11 of 20 (again right in the middle) for all female
#32 of 43 for all participant
I think I did good considering…I run all the way (no walk) and I biked faster than my commute mode most of the time.
Need to cut out binge eating before the race…that is don’t eat 4.5 donuts 2 days before the race thinking that’s the only unhealthy food you are gonna eat and you can surely burn that off. Then a day before the race you end up eating a BOX of ice cream sandwiches ( = 12 sandwiches) because…I don’t know because there is a box of them in the freezer. Then you realize the food at the race looks awesome and you can’t stop yourself after the race….because you’re hungry.
I think I gained 5 pounds by doing the race.
Total Time: 1:45:56
Place: 207 (out of 353)
Place Female Only: 70 (out of 167)
Place Female Age Group 40-45: 6 (out of 17)
Swim: 16:06 (2:09 100s pace)
Bike: 54:34 (15.28 mile per hour)
Run: 30:20 (9:47 per mile)
Thoughts on the race:
Didn’t have to swim really…99% of the time I was doing dolphin dive because the water was shallow. Nice water temp at 71F. Waiting for the race was the worst part. The wind was pretty strong during the bike ride but I was expecting that…so no surprise there. The cool temp made the running much easier than the practice on Thursday…I think that’s the reason I was able to run under 10 min per mile (for the first time ever!). Need to get myself a pump. My tire was almost flat in the morning….luckily I was able to borrow one from a guy nearby. Need to figure out the best place to put the bike number…I got a bunch of paper cuts on my legs. That was annoying.
Run – under 9 minutes per mile (next month)
Bike – over 16 miles per hour (next month)
Swim – 100% freestyle (that’s for next year)
Overall – less than 1:40:00 total time, would like to be top half for overall place.
I need to take swimming lessons over the winter. I’d like to squeeze a couple of dives too if I can (I need to find away to pay for all that)
Total Time : 2:00:06.92
Overall Place: 153 (out of 172)
All Female: 61 out of (77)
Swim – 23:15 (1.2 mph)
Bike – 1:01:32 (12.8 mph)
Run – 32: 02 (10:20 per mile)
1) one-piece triathlon suit – hard to go to bathroom. Consider switching to a two-piece
2) good idea to have two sets of replacement tubes and CO2 bottles instead of just one
3) need to focus on race especially when riding a bicycle instead of getting distracted by pretty sceneries and farm animals.
4) do not plan anything after the race…you need a serious nap afterward.
5) if Darth Vader carrying an American flag with a six flag pole and a gas mask on can finish the race, so can you.
6) Bring your own stash of donuts. Healthy events like these provide cut vegetables and fruits, small cookies. My craving for post-race is donuts not fruits.